Butternut Squash Fries
I just recently started cooking with the squashes and can’t believe I didn’t know about them sooner. From making spaghetti with spaghetti squash to the delicious cinnamon maple butternut squash recipe I made for Thanksgiving, it gives you the satisfaction of eating those ‘carbs’ but the best part is you are actually eating a veggie, so you save on carbs and you can eat a lot more for fewer calories and carbs. My newest love is these Baked Butternut Squash Fries. They are extremely simple to make and taste amazing!! I flavored mine up with garlic powder, minced onion, sea salt, and dried parsley-perfection!
1 medium Butternut Squash
2 tsp Extra Virgin Olive oil
1/2 tsp Pink Himalayan Sea salt
1 tsp dried parsley
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp minced onion
This makes 2 servings for those that use the portion control system it’s 1 green and 1 tsp.
- Wash and cut buttnernut squash in half length wise (if you have trouble cutting it, poke holes or slice in it and microwave for 4-5 minutes).
- Preheat oven to 400F, line a large cookie sheet with aluminum foil.
- Scrap out seeds and peel the skin off the squash.
- Cut the squash into ‘fry’ like shapes.
- Toss the fries with the 2 tsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- Place in a single layer on the cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle with half the salt, garlic powder, parsley, and minced onion.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Take out and flip over, sprinkle with remaining spices.
- Bake for another 10-15 minutes.
Enjoy!! These are great for the whole family and even the kiddos will love them. They are great for those veggie haters because they won’t even know they are eating a veggie! You can try out different spices to see what you like, but this gives them a nice kick!