Who doesn’t love taco Tuesday?! Okay, who doesn’t love tacos any day of the week? I tried out a new taco recipe this week and it was blackened mahi-mahi tacos. I’m a huge fan or the tortilla shell or a whole grain wrap, but sometimes you have carb overload or are trying to cut back on the carbs and up the vegetables. This is where the wonderful romaine lettuce wrap comes into play. You can easily save calories and carbs by using these lettuce wrapped mahi-mahi tacos.
They are still banging with flavor!! I used some homemade guacamole and pico de galo. It gave the tacos a nice kick in flavor. Of course I spritzed with lime juice.
Whether you are looking for a healthy taco recipe, a fish taco recipe, or are trying to cut back on the carbs without giving up your tacos, these are for you!
For the Portion Fix, this is 1 red, 1 green, and 1/2 blue per serving!
Ingredients (2 servings)
2 wild caught mahi-mahi filets
4 Tbsp clean guacamole (Click here for recipe)
4 Tbsp Pico Del Galo (not gonna lie, I store bought but here is my favorite!)
4 large romain lettuce leaves
2 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
- Heat a non-stick pan on medium heat.
- Combine Chilli Powder, Onion powder, and garlic powder in a small bowl. Brush evenly on each side of the mahi-mahi.
- Add mahi-mahi to pan and cook for 4-5 minutes then turn over and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Spread out romaine leaves and spread 1 Tbsp guacamole on each.
- Cut up mahi-mahi and add 1/2 a filet to each romaine lettuce leaf.
- Top each leaf with 1 Tbsp pico de galo.
1 serving is 2 lettuce wraps! This equals one whole mahi-mahi fillet, 2 Tbsp guacamole, and 2 Tbsp pico de galo. Enjoy your mahi-mahi tacos any day of the week.