Oatmeal!! I’m obsessed. Oatmeal is loaded with soluble fiber which helps you stay fuller longer and eat less throughout the day!! And chocolate anything is delicious! One of the great things about raw cacao or cocoa powder is that it can give anything a delicious chocolate flavor without ruining the nutritional profile. So I found this recipe from the oatmeal artist and modified it slightly! Combining two of my favorite thing into one delicious breakfast!
For the 21 Day Fix based on being made with water this is 1 yellow (count milk accordingly), and 1 purple.
A Dash of Himalayan Sea Salt
1. Bring water/milk to a boil, add oats and mashed banana. (Add flax seed or similar item if you wish).
2. Reduce heat to low and let cook 15-20 minutes until most of liquid is absorbed
3. Turn off heat and allow to sit for ~5 minutes to absorb rest of liquid.
4. Add vanilla extract, cacao/cocoa, and salt. Stir.
5. If you want to add any extras (coconut oil, flavor extracts, a splash of milk, etc now is the time!) Add pure stevia extract or a dash of honey to increase sweetness.
6. Enjoy warm or place in fridge to cool off or for overnight oats!
Note: You can replace the banana with 1-3 chopped dates.