Why has it been so long since I made quinoa!? I have a bunch of it stashed away and finally brought it back out! I combined a recipe I used on tofu on these shrimp and veggies and made Chilli Lime Shrimp Quinoa!
This recipe makes 4 servings for the 21 Day Fix this is 1 red, 1 green, and 1 yellow.
3/4 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
1 1/4 cups of water
Juice of 1 lime
2 cloves of garlic chopped
1 tsp chilli powder
1. Bring water to boil in saucepan.
2. Add quinoa and reduce heat to low. Let cook about 15-20 minutes until all water is absorbed.
3. Let sit for about 5 minutes then add the lime juice, garlic, and chilli powder and stir well.
For Shrimp and Veggies
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1 lb of thawed shrimp
3 cups of chopped mixed bell peppers (I used red, green, and yellow) and zucchini
1 cup red onion, chopped
1. Combine chili powder, salt, cumin, garlic powder, and olive oil in a large resealable container or plastic bag
2. Add shrimp, bell pepper, zucchini, and onion.
3. Shake bag or container until coated.
4. Spray large non-stick pan with spray and empty the contents of bag/container onto it over medium-high heat.
5. Cook for 6-8 minutes stirring frequently.
Makes 4 servings! 🙂