This is my favorite healthy dessert yet! I was unsure about it when I saw avocado as the main ingredient in the filling- but add some natural cocoa powder and it becomes rich, chocolately, and delicious! The chocolate avocado pudding pie is a great healthy dessert to take to gatherings or just keep it all for yourseld (like I did! ) ; )
The crust is grain free and the whole recipe is perfect for those of you who are gluten free too- no grains! You would never know.
This makes 12 servings. This is 1 blue, 1 orange, 1 yellow, and 1 tsp for you 21 Day Fixers! I know the good containers, but its totally worth it!
CHOCOLATE AVOCADO PIE
1 1/2 cups almonds
1/2 cup walnuts
1 1/2 cup dates pitted
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
3 ripe avocados
1 cup raw unsweetened cocoa powder (100% cocoa)
3/4 cup raw honey
4 Tbsp Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
1 tsp Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
- Put almonds, walnuts, and pure vanilla extract in a blender or food processor and blend until it’s crumbly.
- Add dates a few at a time and blend, until the crust sticks together slightly. If the crust is still crumbly once all the dates are added, add a couple more.
- Press crust into the pie pan and put in the fridge for later. 🙂
- Add avocados, salt, and pure vanilla extract and blend until it’s creamy
- Add cocoa powder and blend until smooth.
- Add in honey and blend. Then add in the coconut oil. Blend until smooth. It should be creamy and look like pudding- try not to eat it all now!
- Fill the pie crust with the filling and smooth. Place in the fridge for about 1 hour
- Cut into 12 slices. You may think the slices are small- but this is VERY filling!