Sunday breakfasts are the best!! Especially when it is a beautiful day outside like today!! I love sitting down with my coffee and eggs. Starting the day off with protein really keeps you fuller throughout the day! Today I made a veggie scramble with avocado and whole grain sprouted Ezekiel toast!!
I had been trying to avoid bread as even the whole grain kind has preservatives in it – so this is why whole grain sprouted Ezekiel bread is awesome!! It’s made from freshly sprouted grains, with no GMO’s, refined sugar, or artificial anything (including preservatives!) If you haven’t already tried it-do it!
Eggs are full of protein and I always like to do 1 egg with 1/2 cup egg whites. Avocado provides healthy fats that you body needs to function.
Ok, so onto my quick and easy breakfast recipe!
This is 2 green, 1 red, 1 yellow, and 1/2 blue for all you 21 Day Fixers!
1/2 cup of egg whites (about 4 egg whites)
1 large egg
1 pinch pink Himalayan sea salt
1 1/2 cups spinach
1/2 cup of chopped tomatoes, onion, and mushrooms
Non-Stick Cooking Spray
1/5 an avocado chopped
1 slice sprouted whole grain Ezekiel Bread
1. Combine Egg, egg whites, and salt in a bowl and whisk.
2. Spray a skillet with nonstick spray and add spinach and vegetables.
3. Cook vegetable mixture for 1 minute and add egg mixture.
4. Stir frequently (4-5 minutes) until eggs are cooked.
5. Serve with avocado and toasted bread. Top eggs with hot sauce it desired!