Super excited to finally be posting my PiYo results and review of the program! (Yes, it is wayyy overdue, but better late than never right?!)
My Review: So I was skeptical to try a workout program that claimed to give results with no weights and no jumping- keeping it all low impact I thought there was no way I would lose any weight, but I needed something different than the high impact pounding cardio I was constantly doing. After following the nutrition plan and completing the 60 day workout program I was amazed by my results. I lost over 6 pounds and 5 1/2 inches! My personal results are below!
So the first question you may be asking is…
What is PiYo? PiYo fuses together powerful Pilates and yoga-inspired moves with an amped-up pace. It is high intensity but low impact which results in a fat-burning cardio, strengthening, and lengthening workout- and that is just it – IT’S ALL IN ONE! It is a 60 day program that will whip you into shape.
Who is PiYo designed for and why does it work? PiYo is perfect for those who want to burn fat and get toned without the high impact or complex choreography of some other workouts. Whether you are new to PiYo or an expert – each workout features a modifier and several different versions of each move so that you can challenge and change your body.
PiYo uses only your own body weight which promotes lean-muscle development for definition and strength. The intense non-stop cardio burns calories and kills fat to elevate your metabolism.
What does it come with? PiYo comes with 9 workouts (and a bonus workout if you order through a coach! : )), the workout calendar, the get lean eating plan, and a free coach! : ) If you order it as part of a Challenge Pack it also comes with a month of Shakeology and a free online challenge group which offers support, motivation, tips, and encouragement to help you stay on track. I honestly do not know if I could have completed this without my challenge group. Anytime I felt like having a cheat meal or not working out – I went to the group and found the motivation : ):
Here are the workouts:
1. Align: The Fundamentals – Don’t worry if you have no PiYo experience, this workout breaks down the most important and effective moves to help you get the best results.
2. Define: Lower Body – Strengthen and lengthen your entire lower body from your glutes and hamstrings to your calves.
3. Define: Upper Body – Chisel your entire upper body, by carving your triceps and sculpting your shoulders. Hello tricep push-up!
4. Sweat – This is where the pace really picks up! It incorporates traditional PiYo moves including effective dynamic conditioning, fast-paced cardio, yoga-flows, and body weight resistance strength training.
5. Core -This will work your core from every angle, and more. It will help build a strong core, oblique’s, and your back!
6. Buns – This workout focuses on your glutes and will tighten and tone your entire backside
7. Strength Intervals – This is a total body carving, and calorie incinerating workout that is designed to blast fat away – and it does!
8. Drench – My absolute favorite! The name describes it perfectly. You will literally be drenched after this one. It maximizes fat burning while working every single muscle in your body.
9. Sculpt – This one varies the tempo to keep your muscles under tension for different periods of time. Hello muscular endurance and metabolism.
10. BONUS! Hardcore on the Floor – You hardly ever leave the floor in this one- but you will scorch fat and develop long, lean muscles while sculpting every muscle in your body.
The Nutrition Guide: The nutrition plan is super easy to follow. Nutrition is the key to getting the best possible results from your workouts. You determine your calorie target, and how many of each type of food you are to eat each day. Pick the foods you like best from each list to make healthy and delicious meals! And meal planning is super important! Planning your meals will help you stick to them. Here is an example of one of my meal plans – yes I am a vegetarian and this plan was still easy to follow
I am excited to get others interested in this program and many other Beachbody programs for that matter because they are all focused on helping you be the best and healthiest you can be. If you are interested in becoming a part of one of the challenge groups for PiYo or another program, please fill out the application below and I will be in contact with you shortly! : )