Zoodles are just about the best thing to happen since sliced bread. They taste like a noodle, when cooked but cut the carbs and calories, plus it’s a vegetable! If you hate veggies, then this is a good way to sneak them in without even realizing it. Dinner this week consisted of garlic zoodles with roasted broccoli, red pepper and mediterranean white fish. I used flounder this time.
First off, if you think zoodles are hard to make or you need fancy equipment, think again. I got a zoodle maker from target for about $15. It’s a handheld one but it gets the job done pretty quickly! My zoodle maker is pictured below and it is good for now though since I make zoodles so often I am thinking of investing in one that is less work!
Ok so now for the recipe!
Ingredients (2 servings)
2 large zucchini
1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
1 cup broccoli florets
4 cloves of garlic, chopped
2 fresh flounder filets
1 tsp parsley
1/2 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp Himalayan Sea Salt
1/2 cup tomato sauce (optional)
For the Fish:
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Mix onion powder, garlic powder, and parsley.
- Place flounder on a baking sheet and sprinkle with 1/2 of the garlic and the seasoning mixture.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until thoroughly cooked.
For the Zoodles:
- While the fish is cooking, use the zoodle maker to turn your zucchini into zoodles.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet to medium heat and add the zoodles, red pepper, other 1/2 of garlic and broccoli.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes until zoodles are tender.
- Dish the zoodles into 2 equal servings and top with sea salt and fish.
- Add 1/4 cup natural tomato sauce if desired.
Enjoy your garlic zoodles with white fish!