I have been OBSESSED with smoothies lately! Smoothies are a great way to get your daily dose of fruits and veggies in a delicious drink. My favorite recipe has been the Green Mango Banana Smoothie! This is perfect for breakfast, a snack, or post-workout! See below for 7 (Lucky 7!) reasons to drink smoothies : )
Here is the recipe!!
For the 21 Day Fix this is 2 green, 1.5 purple, and 3/4 red!
2 cups of spinach,1/2 a mango, 1/2 banana (frozen), 1/2 cup greek yogurt, 1/2 tbsp honey, 1 tsp lemon juice, 12-13 ice cubes. Blend and enjoy! (Add 1/2 cup water if mixture if it is too thick!)
7 Reasons to Slurp Smoothies Regularly
1. Get You Daily Fruits and Veggies. Getting the daily recommendations of fruits and vegetables can be a challenge. Blending a few of those into a smoothie can help you meet those recommendations to fuel your body right!
2. Gain a Lasting Source of Energy. Fruits and veggies will fuel your body both short and long term! (Fruit on the short term and the greens for the long term!)
3. Quick and Simple to Make. Smoothies do not take NEARLY the amount of time it takes to prepare most meals. Smoothies are also a great option to take on the go!
4. Detox Your Body. Many of the daily foods we eat are highly processed and contain man-made chemicals. Look for smoothies with only natural ingredients (fruits and veggies galore)!
5. Strengthen Your Immune System (Don’t Get Sick!). This goes along with #1 on getting your daily dose of fruits and veggies, which means all those vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants : ) You will fuel your immune system to fight off sickness.
6. Reduce Cravings and Promote Weight Loss. Let’s be real – we all crave that sweet sugar every once in a blue moon (wink, wink). Fruit smoothies can help curb those cravings with one drink full of nutrition. This will also promote weight loss since you are not indulging in all those cakes and cookies : )
7. Beauty/Complexion. Shiny hair, glowing skin, strong nails. Vitamins and minerals promote a healthy complexion and strong hair and nails – drink up!