Who would have thought you could make brownies with avocado?! Avocados are full of healthy fats and increase the creaminess of recipes. Plus they increase the chocolate flavor. Avocado makes thes brownies full and fudgy tasting. They taste just like a ‘normal’ brownie! (You know, those ones full of butter and crap!)
These are AMAZING when you are craving chocolate or a sweet treat and really kick the sweet tooth!
BEWARE!! This batter is AMAZING and you might want to eat it all. Because I did , the batter was always the best part right?!
This is a treat but it is much better than regular brownies or other baked goods out there!
For the 21 Day Fix this is 1/2 yellow and 2 tsp – but it’s worth it!
Nonstick cooking spray
1 medium ripe avocado, mashed
½ cup pure maple syrup
¼ cup extra-virgin coconut oil, melted
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
¾ cup unsweetened organic cocoa powder
½ tsp. Himalayan salt
¼ cup gluten-free flour
⅓ cup dark chocolate chips (vegan if needed for a dairy free version)
A dash of cinnamon!
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Line an 8 x 8-inch baking pan with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick spray.
3. Mix mashed avocado, coconut oil, egg, maple syrup, and vanilla extract in a bowl until thoroughly mixed.
4. Combine cocoa powder, salt, cinnamon, and flour in a medium bowl; mix well.
5. Add cocoa powder mixture to avocado mixture; mix well.
6. Add dark chocolate chips; mix until blended.
7. Pour batter into prepared pan; spread to make even.
8. Bake for 33 to 36 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
9. Cool for an half hour before removing from pan. Cut into 16 squares.
Enjoy your amazing dessert!!