I decided to break away from my usual (and favorite) teriyaki salmon to try out a new healthy balsamic salmon recipe! I usually like to have a lean protein, veggie, and complex carb for my dinner because it keeps me full and satisfied either for the rest of the night or until my evening snack! I paired this with sauteed spinach, and garlic lime brown rice. I may have a new favorite!
Serves 4 For the 21 Day Fix this is 1 Red, 1 Yellow, and 1 Green.
Ingredients For Salmon
4 salmon fillets (the one pictured is Alaskan Salmon)
4 cloves of garlic, minced
6 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
4 tsp honey
4 tsp spicy brown mustard or dijon mustard
1/2 tsp pink Himalayan Sea Salt
Non stick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray
- In a skillet, spray with nonstick cooking spray and add garlic. Cook for about 2 minutes until brown.
- Add in balsamic vinegar, hone, salt, mustard, and black pepper and simmer until it begins to thicken (4-5 minutes)
- Place salmon on baking sheet and brush with glaze. Cook for 5 minutes, remove and brush with glaze again.
- Return to the oven for about 15 minutes.
Directions For Garlic Lime Brown Rice
2 cups cooked brown rice
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 tsp Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
Mix garlic into rice and stir well. Add juice of lime and salt and stir until thoroughly mixed.
Directions for Sauteed Spinach
2 cups of raw spinach
1 clove of garlic minced
Spray a skillet with nonstick spray and add garlic and spinach- cook until garlic browns and spinach appears to shrink up and have a wet appearance.