No refined sugar, butter, all purpose flour MEANS no guilt! Enjoy these healthy double chocolate cookies for a healthy indulgence that won’t rip your jeans!
Cookies are an all time favorite treat but can really pack on the pounds with all the unhelathy fat and unnecessary processing. I love my Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies but I decided to change it up! This is similar to the double chocolate chip cookie recipe in your 21 Day Fix nutrition book!
They are super easy to whip up and delicious. Even the kiddos will enjoy them!
Makes 15 servings (1 cookie each- 1 cookie equals 1 yellow treat!)
1/4 cup extra virgin coconut oil, melted
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/3 cup pure maple syrup
1/4 cup canned lite coconut milk
1/3 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup all natural cocoa powder
1/4 cup of dark chocolate morsels, slivered almonds, chopped pecans, or whatever you think! I used slivered almonds
A dash of Himalayan Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line baking sheet with foil (and spray with nonstick spray).
- Combine the coconut oil, apple sauce, maple syrup, and coconut in a bowl and mix well.
- In another bowl, combine coconut flour, whole wheat flour, cocoa powder, and salt.
- Add flour mixture to applesauce mixture and stir until well blended.
- Add slivered almonds (or whatever your choice was!)
- Form into heaping tablespoon sized balls.
- Bake for 12-15 min.