It’s the weekend! Weekend’s call for being out and about, enjoying time with friends and family, running around, shopping, going to practices and a whole lot more. Weekends can also be tough on the waistline though, so you have to be prepared! That’s why I’ve prepared this list of healthy snacks on the go!
Remember you should eat about every ~3 hours to keep your blood sugar steady, and this will also help you from overeating at meal time! Aim for 3 meals and 2-3 healthy snacks per day.
We all struggle with being stuck out later than expected and then leaving our bodies starving! This often causes us to make rash and hastened decisions and grab that Big Mac or overeat when we do get a chance. There is a way to stay on track and eat healthy while out and about it just takes some planning and packing!
Here are some great healthy snacks, a lot of which are great to take on the go! I always carry nuts (almonds, peanuts, or pistachios), an apple or banana, and shakeology packets and a shaker cup with me in case hunger strikes! This way I am not tempted to go for an unhealthy processed snack.
1. 1 cup of veggies and 2 Tbsp hummus; 1 green, 1 blue
2. Apple and 2 tsp natural peanut butter; 1 purple, 2 tsp
3. 12 Almonds and 1 cup or medium fruit (berries, apple, etc.); 1 blue, 1 purple
4. 2 Hard boiled eggs with pepper to taste; 1 red
5. 2 Brown rice cakes with 2 tsp natural nut butter; 1 yellow, 2 tsp
6. 3/4 cup Cottage cheese with 1/2 cup fruit; 1 red, 1/2 purple
7. 3/4 cup plain greek yogurt with 1 tsp honey and cinnamon; 1 red
8. Whole grain pita with 2 tsp natural peanut butter and 1/2 a large banana; 1 yellow, 1 purple, 2 tsp
9. 1/2 cup roasted chickpeas; 1 yellow
10. Hummus on a whole grain pita; 1 blue, 1 yellow
11. Small banana with 2 tsp natural nut butter; 1 purple, 2 tsp
12. 2 Tbsp roasted seeds with a piece of medium fruit (or 1 cup); 1 orange, 1 purple
13. 1 tomato sliced with 1/4 cup feta cheese; 1 green, 1 blue
14. 1/4 cup avocado on 1 slice of whole grain toast; 1 blue, 1 yellow
15. 1/2 cup plain oatmeal with 1 tsp natural nut butter and 1 cup strawberries; 1 yellow, 1 tsp, 1 purple
16. String cheese and 1 cup grapes; 1 blue, 1 purple
17. 2 large celery stalks and 2 tsp natural peanut butter; 1 green, 2 tsp
18. Garden salad (1 cup spinach or romaine and 1 cup mixed veggies, drizzled with 1 tsp olive oil and 1 Tbsp vinegar (balsalmic, red wine, etc.); 2 green, 1 tsp
19. 1/4 cup peanut butter yogurt dip with fresh fruit (1 cup or 1 medium piece); 1/2 red, 1 tsp, 1 purple
20. 2 slices of rolled turkey breast; 1 red
Last But certainly not least- my got to snack when I am craving dessert or something sweet (especially chocolate! You guessed it Shakeology! 🙂 It’s great to make and take on the go!
Shakeology is a red!