Eggs are a protein packed way to start your day. Eggs are nutrient dense and when paired with sauteed veggies and a little cheese they make the perfect meal. Poached eggs with kale, pepper, and feta, I must say, it was delicious!! I topped it with some oregano and parsley for a little kick and of course some hot sauce! Poached Eggs are a great way to switch up making our eggs- I always make omelettes but this was a nice change up.
It looks pretty yummy, right?!
So let’s get down to the recipe! If you are doing the 21 Day Fix (or any of the portion controlled plans). This is 1 red, 1 green, and 1/2 blue. This recipe is slightly modified from the Core De Force nutrition booklet (which is an AWESOME program!
1/2 cup chopped kale
1/2 medium red bell pepper , chopped
1/4 red onion
1/4 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp parsley
1/2 tsp pink Himalayan sea salt
2 Tbsp feta cheese (or cheese of choice)
1 tsp white vinegar
2 cups of water
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- In a non-stick skillet (or use 1 tsp of natural olive oil spray if not non-stick)- heat the onion, kale, and peppers.
- Stir the veggies frequently until tender (about 3-5 minutes). Place on a plate
- Once the water comes to a boil, add 1 tsp white vinegar and reduce the heat to maintain a light boil.
- Place one egg in a small bowl. Hold close to the waters surface and slip the egg in. Repeat with the other egg and boil 3-4 minutes until the egg white sets around the yolk.
- Lift eggs gently out of the water and place on the kale mixture.
- Sprinkle with feta cheese, oregano, and parsley.