Who doesn’t love pizza!? It’s the perfect easy food that pleases almost everyone. Just one thing- a few pieces of pizza can pack up to a thousand calories depending on what you get on it! Want to eat PIZZA but also get in a ton of veggies and cut down on the carbs? I have the solution- Portobello Mushroom Pizza! I’m not going to lie, I was skeptical at what these would taste like, but they were really delicious!
I also made the Grandma’s Tomato Sauce from the 21 Day Fix Fixate Cookbook and I can’t wait to put it on everything!
This makes 1 serving. For the 21 Day Fix this is 2 Green, and 1/4 blue.
6. Place on a cookie sheet lined with foil and cook for about 10 minutes!
Grandma’s Tomato Sauce (From the Fixate Cookbook)- Makes 12, 1/2 cup servings
1. Heat oil in saucepan over medium-high heat.
2. Add onion and cook 5-6 minutes.
3. Add garlic and tomato paste and cook, stirring frequently, 2-3 minutes (don’t let it burn!!)
4. Add wine and cook, stir constantly 2-3 minutes.
5. Add tomatoes, agave, salt, and pepper. Bring to boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to low and gently boil 3 minutes.
6. If using cheese- add and stir occasionally for 1 hour. If not skip to step 7 🙂
7. Add basil; mix well.