Tis the season for pumpkin everything! These are delicious little pumpkin pie energy bites from the Fixate cookbook (slightly modified)! They taste like bites of pumpkin pie!
Makes 16 pieces. 1 piece is 1/2 yellow and 1/2 tsp.
1 cup of dates (pitted)
warm water (to soak dates)
1/2 cup raw pecans
1/3 cup canned pure pumpkin
1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 tsp pure maple syrup
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
A dash of Himalayan sea salt
1. Place dates in a bowl big enough to cover with warm water. Let soak 10 minutes. Drain.
2. Place pecans in a processor or blender and pulse until finely ground.
3. Add dates, pumpkin, coconut (save some for rolling balls in if desired), extract, maple syrup, pumpkin pie spice, and salt; pulse until well mixed.
4. Place dough in a bowl, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
5. Roll tablespoon sized balls and roll in reserved coconut if desired.
6. Store refrigerated in an airtight container.