Where are my vegetarians at? Or people who love a good and clean veggie burger? I combined vegetarian protein favorite to make delicious quinoa black bean veggie burgers! They are really delicious and filling. Did you know quinoa and black beans together make a complete protein! Perfect for those looking for a meat free diet or yummy meal.
Ingredients (this makes 3):
1/4 cup dry quinoa
1/2 tsp olive oil
1/2 purple onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 tsp Pink Himlayan Sea Salt
1 /2 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 Tbsp tomato sauce
3 Egg Whites
1/3 cup frozen corn
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
1 tsp ground cumin
1/4 cup rolled oats
1/8 cup oat flour (blend up oats)
- Cook the quinoa according to packaging. This can be done ahead of time.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat and add the onion and garlic. Add 1/2 the salt and cook for about 6 minutes until onions are translucent.
- Place the mixture into a large bowl. Add black beans to the bowl and using a potato masher or fork, mash together until a pasty mixture forms.
- Add in the tomato sauce, egg whites, corn, cilantro, cumin and remaining salt.
- Stir in the cooked quinoa, oats, and oat flour until well mixed.
- Form the mixture into 3 equal burgers, compacting them well with your hands.
- Place the patties on a baking sheet, cover them with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a few hours!
- When ready to cook- preheat the oven to 400F and cook for about 12-13 minutes.
Enjoy these!! Quinoa Black Bean Veggie Burgers for the win! I love mixing it up and eating it with salad or put on a whole grain bun and eat it like a normal burger, either way you will love them!