Balsamic roasted veggies are one of my newer and favorite finds! I love balsamic salad dressing. So when making roasted veggies for Christmas, I decided a little balsamic and some spices would really change them up!
These veggies are easy to make, full of flavor and sure to please even veggie haters, because we all know those people. I’ve been experimenting with different vegetable mixes and this has been my favorite. Zucchini, eggplant, peppers, mushrooms, tomato, and onion combine to pack this flavorful punch.
While eating out is always delicious and filling, it often has hidden ingredients, sugars, and unhealthy fats (yes even the vegetables). So this is why I love this recipe so much. It tastes like veggies I’ve gotten out, yet I know the ingredients are whole and clean. The recipe below makes about 6, 1 cup servings. This provides you with 1 serving of veggies and 1 tsp of a healthy fat (olive oil) per serving.
2 medium zucchini, sliced (about 2 cups)
1/2 large Eggplant, chopped into cubes (about 1 cup)
1 large red pepper, sliced
3/4 cup sliced portobello mini mushrooms
3/4 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
1/2 large red onion
2 cloves of garlic, diced
2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/4 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
1 tsp basil
1/2 tsp oregano
1 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with olive oil or coconut oil.
- In a large container, combine all vegetables and mix well.
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic, extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, basil, oregano, and garlic powder. Whisk to blend together.
- Pour the dressing mixture on the vegetable and let marinate for 15-20 minutes.
- Spread on baking sheet and cook for 30 minutes, turning vegetables over half way through.