So if you didn’t know by now, I love fish! I am always looking for new recipes to try but of course I am not so talented in the kitchen and don’t want to spend all day in there, so I look for quick , easy, and of course healthy recipes! I absolutely love Pinterest and found a great cod recipe on there! Simple Sicilian Cod. This would be good with any white fish such as halibut or sea bass filets as well!
Pair the cod with a cup of steamed, roasted, or grilled veggies and 1/2 cup of your favorite grain!
For the 21 Day Fix this is 1 red, 1 green, and 1 yellow!
Here is you Sicilian Cod Recipe!
Ingredients (6 servings)
6 4-5 ounce cod fillets
1 medium white onion peeled and chopped
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 teaspoon oregano
8 roma tomatoes, diced
1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
Pink Himalayan Sea Salt and Black Pepper
Non-stick olive oil spray
1. Spray a large skillet with non-stick olive oil spray. Season the fish with salt and pepper and place in the skillet.
2. Cook for 3 minutes, until bottom turns golden, and then flip and cook on the other side for 3 minutes.
3. Remove fish and set aside.
4. Add the onions to the skillet and sauté until they are translucent.
5. Add the garlic and oregano and stir for 1 minute.
6. Add the red wine vinegar to the skillet and stir, then add the fish back in.
7. Spoon the tomatoes on top of the fish.
8. Cover and cook fish for about 3 more minutes until thoroughly cooked.
9. Sprinkle with parsley and enjoy!