Happy Cinco de Mayo!! In honor of this holiday, you have to eat Mexican food right!!? I made lettuce wrapped sofrita fajitas!! Yes sofritas are Tofu! But this recipe would be AWESOME on chicken or shrimp as well!
For the 21 Day Fix this is 1 red, and 1 green.
Ingredients (4 servings, 1 fajitas each)
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1 package of pressed tofu, cubed (press the water out, or your choice of protein)
2 cups of chopped mixed bell peppers (I used red, green, and yellow)
1 medium onion, chopped
8 large romaine lettuce leaves
1 cup of chopped tomatoes
1/2 cup cilantro (for garnish)
Non-stick cooking spray
1. Combine chili powder, salt, cumin, garlic powder, and olive oil in a large resealable container or plastic bag
2. Add tofu, bell pepper, and onion.
3. Shake bag or container until coated and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
4. Spray large non-stick pan with spray and empty the contents of bag/container onto it over medium-high heat.
5. Cook for 6-8 minutes stirring frequently.
6. Top romaine leaves with tofu and veggie mixture. Add chopped tomato and cilantro!