Healthy, low carb pizza bites. Need I say more? Oh, they can be made dairy free and are gluten free! These are spaghetti squash pizza bites. If you liked Bagel Bites as a kid, these will give you a run for your money! You would never think the ‘crust’ is spaghetti squash and it gives off juicy and delicious flavors.
First I need to thank delish.com as I saw a similar recipe on their site and made it a bit healthier! If you are following the portion fix, 3 bites = 1 serving and is 1 blue and 1 green. This also fits perfectly with the 80 Day Obsession nutrition plan!
1 medium spaghetti squash
1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (or vegan cheese)
3/4 cup pure tomato sauce
2/3 cup shredded mozzarella or cheese of choice (I used a vegan cheese since I’m lactose intolerant)
Extra Virgin Olive Oil Non-Stick Spray
1 Tbsp Parsley
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half (if you have trouble, slice a few thin slices and heat in the microwave for 5 minutes!)
- Line baked sheet with aluminum foil and spray with spray.
- Place the spaghetti squash face down and cook for 40-45 minutes, if you heated in the microwave, 45-60 minutes if you did not.
- Reduce heat to 375F.
- Let the spaghetti squash cool, then remove the seeds.
- Scrape the squash into a bowl with a fork.
- Add the garlic powder and parmesan.
- Spray 12 muffin tins with the extra virgin olive oil and distribute the spaghetti squash evenly, pushing on the bottoms and side to make cups.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Add about 1 Tbsp tomato sauce and distribute the cheese evenly on top.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve!
These spaghetti squash pizza bites are sure to please!