Strawberry Banana Granola Bars
Granola bars are great to pack and take with you on the go! I used to love all kinds of granola bars- Special K, Fiber One, Clif Bars, Luna Bars, Nutri-Grain and the list goes on. They are good! There’s no denying it! But they aren’t as healthy as you think with all of the preservatives, artificial ingredients, and added sugar. I ran across this recipe for Strawberry Banana Oat Bars and couldn’t resist making them!
And they are only made of 6 ingredients! Old Fashioned Oats, Strawberries, Banana, Honey, Organic Applesauce, and Extra Virgin Coconut Oil!
These bars are perfect for breakfast or a quick snack. They are about 105 calories each and have under 5 grams of sugar!
I only made half of the recipe I have below, so it made bars. The recipe below is for 10 bars and will fill your 8″ pan.
You can cut them all into bars, or cut them into smaller squares for bite sized snacks! I made some of both!
Here is the recipe (Makes 10 bars)! 🙂
Per serving for the 21 Day Fix this is 1/2 yellow and 1/4 purple!
1 tsp extra virgin coconut oil, melted
1/2 cup mashed banana, (about one 8″ banana)
1/3 cup low or nonfat skim, almond, or soy milk
1 Tbsp honey
2 1/2 cups old fashioned oats (can use gluten free if desired)
1 cup of frozen unsweetened strawberries, thawed slightly and diced (thawed about 10 minutes)
1. Preheat oven to 300F an spray and 8″ square (mine was more rectangular) glass baking dish with extra virgin olive oil nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a medium- large bowl, mix together the coconut oil, mashed banana, milk, and honey. Stir in oats until coated.
3. Fold in the diced strawberries and press into the glass baking dish.
4. Bake for 17-19 minutes. Cool completely to room temperature before slicing.
5. Store bars in refrigerator until ready to eat or serve!