So, who doesn’t LOVEE Hibachi? Hibachi is my absolute favorite meal and I always crave it : ) I love the teriyaki salmon grilled in teriyaki and soy sauce. SO DELICIOUS. BUT hibachi at restaurants can be covered in butter (even the vegetables!) So with how much I love teriyaki salmon, I wanted to find a CLEAN recipe for the sauce that did not contain all of the unknown ingredients on the pre-made teriyaki sauce bottles.
For the 21 Day Fix this is 1 red, 1 yellow, and 1 green!
Ingredients for Marinade (used on 4 pieces of salmon):
-1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
-1 1/2 tsp maple syrup
-2 tsp finely chopped garlic
-2 tsp lemon juice
-1/2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
-1/4 tsp sea salt
1. For salmon, Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Combine all ingredients and place thaw meat or fish in shallow
baking dish and marinate for 20 minutes in refrigerator.
3.Turn the meat/fish a few times to distribute the marinade evenly.
4. Place salmon in new shallow baking dish.
5. Cook salmon for approximately 18-20 minutes.
Pair with 1/2 cup brown rice and 1 cup steamed veggies for a perfectly clean meal! In the picture I sprinkled the brown rice, salmon, and veggies with Mediterranean seasoning : ) The recipe is below.
Clean Chipotle Cilantro Lime Brown Rice
2 cups of uncooked brown rice
Juice of 1 lime
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1. Cook rice according to packaging
2. Transfer rice to a large bowl and let cool 5-7 minutes
3. Whisk lime, garlic and sea salt together in bowl and stir into rice
4. Fold in the cilantro