I have had unicorn bark before and love it as a kid! It’s colorful and fun and who doesn’t like eating pretty things? Unicorn bark offers no nutritional value, though and is basically all sugar. So when I saw this unicorn bark Shakeology recipe, I knew I needed to try it! No added sugar. Just 5 simple ingredients and the best part is, since it has Shakeology in it, it offers dense nutrition in every bite!
Oh, yes and it’s covered in coconut! I love anything that has coconut in it. It gives this recipe a nice flavor kick. Kids will love this recipe and it’s a healthy alternative to regular unicorn bark!
This is for 6 servings. Each serving is 1/2 purple, 1/2 red, and 1/2 orange.
2 1/4 cups of plain low fat yogurt (organic)
1/2 cup chopped strawberries
1/2 cup blueberries
1/2 cup chopped pineapple (or mango)
4 1/2 tsp honey
3 scoops of shakeology
1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Line a 13″ x 9″ dish with parchment paper.
- Blend 3/4 cup yogurt, 1 1/2 tsp honey, strawberries, and 1 scoop shakeology. Place in a medium bowl and set aside (as pictured above).
- Blend 3/4 cup yogurt, 1 1/2 tsp honey, pineapple, and 1 scoop shakeology. Place in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Blend 3/4 cup yogurt, 1 1/2 tsp honey, blueberries, and 1 scoop shakeology. Place in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Place large dollops of the strawberries mixture around the dish. Repeat with the pineapple and blueberry mixture, so that dollops are touching.
- Take a knife and make a circular motion through the mixture.
- Sprinkle with unsweetened coconut.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the freezer for at least 2 hours. Slice or break apart pieces.
Enjoy this unicorn bark shakeology!!! Make sure you store it in the freezer.