Weekend Fitness Tips
The weekend is here! Weekends are a time to relax and enjoy ourselves but doing too much relaxing (aka skipping your workout), and throwing away your nutrition can really take a tole on the body. Did you know if you would take off every Friday, Saturday and Sunday from working out and eating clean, that’s about HALF THE MONTH! : 0
I’m not saying you have to be perfect (I enjoy my wine or a treat!!) But just don’t go overboard! It will be much harder to get back on track come Monday and then it will turn into a vicious cycle over and over again. You may lose a couple lbs or inches during the week but then put it back on on the weekends- the trouble is, you will go nowhere! You will just keep fighting to get back to where you were. So by making these few small changes you can change your life and your waistline.
- Don’t skip your workout- If you are suppossed to workout- then workout! In fact, when I know I am going to have a cheat I make sure to either squeeze in a longer workout and do some cardio! No this doesn’t make up for the cheat but it does help counteract it a bit
- Eat like it is a weekday – Sure you may go out to dinner one night but that doesn’t have to throw off your entire weekend. Eat just as you would during the week. Pack you food in the fridge and have it ready to go if that helps!
- Pack healthy snacks, wherever you go – Whether you are traveling to visit friends, family, go to sporting events etc. healthy snacks are essential. They keep you from getting too hungry and then ravaging whatever you can and eating too much. Here’s a list of healthy snacks on-the-go!
- ONE cheat meal- Limit your self to one cheat meal and that doesn’t mean go all in- still practice proper portion control!
- Limit the alcohol intake and avoid mixed drinks – While you may have been good all week and think the weekend is the time to down the vino and beer, you don’t want to ruin what you worked for all week! Limit yourself to a couple drinks of wine or beer. Those fruity mixed drinks might look tempting but can pack over 500 calories per drink! Unless you know what is in the mixed drink you are ordering (ex: vodka soda), don’t order it.
- FOCUS ON YOUR WHY- This is the most important! Why are you making the change to be healthy? I instant gratification really worth long term success?
Let’s get out there and have a great healthy weekend! Don’t be this girl- be the girl you want to be!