Bruschetta is a popular appetizer and it’s delicious! Why not healthify it a bit? By swapping out a white or french baguette for a whole grain baguette and lightening up on the cheese- it can make for a pretty great appetizer!
1 whole grain baguette
6 medium Roma tomatoes, diced
About 5 cloves of minced garlic
3/4 cup of sun dried tomatoes, chopped
1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup of chopped fresh basil
2 T. balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp Himalayan Sea Salt
- Preheat your oven to 400F
- Mix together the roma tomatoes, garlic, cheese, basil, and balsamic vinegar in a medium bowl.
- Thinly slice the whole grain baguette and bake 5-6 minutes.
- Take out the baguette and brush with olive oil.
- Top with the mixture and serve!